Just like your children and the rest of your family, your pet can have a reaction to mold. Without mold damage cleanup in Orlando, your furry family member can show behavioral changes that are indicative of mold poisoning. Here is what you should know:
Sneezing and Allergy Symptoms
Yes, your pets can be allergic to mold, just like humans can! The only difference is that they are more vulnerable due to the fact that they’re subjected to it more so than we are. Sneezing, wheezing, coughing, and itching are all signs that mold is present. And, you should always take it seriously.
Lack of Eating
When your pet isn’t feeling well, you may notice it by their lack of eating and/or drinking first. Because pets spend the most time in our house, and they’re in closer contact with places mold loves to hide, they can be more susceptible to behavioral changes due to mold poisoning.
Gastric issues can become very present when mold is. Whether they’ve ingested mold or not, your pet may begin to vomit, showing a mold sensitivity. If vomiting is prolonged more than 24 or 48 hours, and paired with lack of eating or drinking, you need to get them to the vet immediately.
If your typically-spunky pup isn’t doing his or her regular running around, it is something to keep an eye on. Lethargy and lack of energy is a sign of mold poisoning. This could be due to inhalation, exposure, or if they got their nose into something they shouldn’t have.
Are You in Need of Mold Damage Cleanup in Orlando?
Don’t put any members of your family at risk! Instead, make sure mold isn’t in your home with mold damage cleanup in Orlando. Contact us at Laser Restoration today to learn more about our services!